Tuesday, November 27, 2018

So, my story isn't really as dramatic or as sad as others, but my birth parents have been divorced for a long time, and my dad pretty much always talks bad about my mom, and thinks every decision I make is my mom "manipulating" me. This really upsets me that any decision that doesn't make "sense" to him is my mom's "evil doing". But any time I try to argue that I am making my own decisions, he tries to use everything I say to make him "the right one", this usually leads to arguments, which always ends with "I'M THE PARENT, YOU'RE THE  CHILD AND I WILL ALWAYS WIN!!!!" I now just "agree" with everything he says, knowing he's just being a liar. I just wish he will accept my decision and leave my mom alone. 

1 comment:

  1. My parents got divorced when I was 4 and my dad remarried about a year later. I always resented my stepmother and could not stand her. She took away my favorite baseball hat, which was like my security blanket, the first time I went to visit her with my dad. My father, who passed away many years ago, always made my siblings and me feel like we were in the middle of his disagreements with my mother. In fact, when I turned 18 I had to sue him to get him to continue to pay child support while I was in college. DIVORCE is DIFFICULT, and often the children feel stuck in the middle of the adults' problems. Just know that many of your friends and adults in your life have lived through it, and ask for help from them and us. You have such an amazing perspective on this, but let the adults help you.

    ReplyDelete